Monday, May 26, 2014

Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

I was looking for this book for a long time before I finally got my hands on it. TBH I knew the moment i got it I would be hook to it. I have read "Dare You To" and "Crash Into You" before reading this. And this book I think t is my fav one out if all three but each one is has its own unique points and I love how Katie manages to develop each character true persona through each chapter.

 Noah is a boy that I admire a lot for his fighting spirit.He is being controlled by the system.He is truly a fight and I love they way he is so caring and so gently to the one he loves yet he can he fierce and protective. I cried when I read the book. I cried when Noah gave up what he has been fighting for after so long and its break my heart. It is so touching. One of my favourite quotes from her is:

  “Because growing up means making tough choices, and doing the right thing doesn’t necessarily mean doing the thing that feels good.” ― Katie McGarry, Pushing the Limits

 Echo on the other hand despite having a family, she also has a fair share of her own problems. She used to be popular and being of that incident it causes her mind to repress to the memories. She is constantly trying to please her friends and dad. She has a mind of her own but because of the constant pressure of wanting her to be "normal" again, she is being force to shut the inner voice of hers.

 This love story is not like the typical ones. The message of this book is powerful and strong. The way Katie write it, its so beautiful and I guess the takeaway of this book that I have learnt id that in life that are things I have to give up, but in return I could gain something better and so much more out of it. This is one of the book that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment